* building lablscintilla
@ 2007-02-28 23:01 Garry Hodgson
From: Garry Hodgson @ 2007-02-28 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocaml

has anyone had any luck building lablscintilla?
i'm on centos 4.4, and am having trouble with the makefile's
use of "cl" for c and c++ compile and link (CC and CCXX variables).

this program is not found on my machine.  am i missing a package?
i tried changing this to gcc/g++, but then it complains about a bunch
of the compile time flags.  i'm not averse to hacking through this and
feeding back what i come up with, but i thought i'd just check first,
and make sure i'm not missing something obvious.

thanks

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

do for others with no desire of return.
we should all plant some trees
we will never sit under.

* Re: [Caml-list] building lablscintilla
@ 2007-02-28 23:19 ` Robert Roessler
From: Robert Roessler @ 2007-02-28 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocaml

Garry Hodgson wrote:
> has anyone had any luck building lablscintilla?
> i'm on centos 4.4, and am having trouble with the makefile's
> use of "cl" for c and c++ compile and link (CC and CCXX variables).
>
> this program is not found on my machine.  am i missing a package?
> i tried changing this to gcc/g++, but then it complains about a bunch
> of the compile time flags.  i'm not averse to hacking through this and
> feeding back what i come up with, but i thought i'd just check first,
> and make sure i'm not missing something obvious.

Check the INSTALL.txt and the Makefile again - the PLATFORM variable
needs to be set, either in your environment or on the make command
line.  In your case, the value should presumably be "linux".

I have only built and tested this on Fedora Core 6 and Windows XP, so
your experiences could be of use to others... and possibly help in
updating the package itself.

Robert Roessler
roessler@rftp.com
http://www.rftp.com