* Documentation of the labelled standard library modules
@ 2007-03-14 10:22 Nicolas barnier
From: Nicolas barnier @ 2007-03-14 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml list

Hello,

While teaching OCaml, I often urge my student to refer to the documentation,
especially the standard library section. The table of content of this
section
used to be quite compact and manageable for beginners, but since the
introduction
of the labelled versions of some modules, I think this page has become quite
crippled with useless redundancies, and first year students easily get lost
while browsing the manual.

Could it be possible to structure the standard library section so that the
labelled modules would be hidden within a special subsection (at the upper
level or within the same chapter), and not flatly mixed with the core ones ?
With such a structure, it would be easier to teach OCaml without having to
elaborate on the label extension.

Moreover, I don't really understand the special need of the "meta-module"
MoreLabels. Wouldn't it be more consistent to have all labelled modules
named standard_nameLabels at the first level, or all gathered in
MoreLabels ?
I'm probably missing something historical here...

-- Nicolas

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-03-14 10:22 UTC | newest]