* ocamlyacc, menhir, dypgen, camp4, elkhound
@ 2007-03-16 20:51 Christophe Raffalli
From: Christophe Raffalli @ 2007-03-16 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

The programs listed in the subject of this mail are parser generators
for OCaml ...
There may be others, and there is also the possibility to write parsers
by hand using stream pattern matching, parser combinators, etc ...
(the later technics are not covered here)

It would be nice to have a small comparison table to help people making
a decision ? Being not neutral
(dypgen was developped by a student at ENS lyon under my direction) I
think I should not do it myself ...

But I gave it a try. Here is a first draft (This table is not correct
yet and should not be used to make a decision ;-)

http://www.lama.univ-savoie.fr/~raffalli/ocaml-parsing.html

The html produced by ooffice is poor and the calculator example is not
well presented due to an ooffice bug (I think).

Questions

- Can you help me complete the table (missing lines, columns,
inaccurate or missing information) ?
- Can you provide the best possible calculator example for the other
parser as a text file ?
- Can you provide a really difficult but short grammar to make a better
comparison ?
- Other Idea welcome
- If someone neutral wants to volonteer to host this comparison table, I
will be very please to send him the source of the table.

Christophe Raffalli