From: Jean-Marc EBER <jeanmarc.eber@lexifi.com>
To: Caml List <caml-list@inria.fr>
Cc: EL CHAAR Rabih SGAM/AI/SAM <RABIH.ELCHAAR@sgam.com>,
	Matthieu Wipliez <mwipliez@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] beta-test of OCaml 3.10.0: compiling on Windows, trying the new Camlp4
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 19:36:59 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I also checked a few days ago the compilation/bootstrap of "ocaml3.10 beta" with
vs2005 under cygwin (32 bits only):

We don't use CamlP4, so I can't comment on that.

Most of the points mentionned by Matthieu seem to be "vs2005 installation"
related (you could install your IDE and/or compiler somewhere else) and, as
Rabih said, can be installed by a batch file.

- I didn't have any problem with the "ocaml-3.10.0+beta.tar.gz" file. Everything
worked out of the box.

- If you try a compilation on a version obtained by "cvs -d .... checkout -r
release310 ocaml":

. a bootstrap problem has been fixed yesterday (a binary file was not marked as
binary in the cvs)
. under "some" cygwin installations (don't ask me why!), the file ./VERSION
obtained from cvs checkout has corrupted end of line caracters. So you must edit
it to put it into "windows" text form.

But then, everything worked correctly.

BTW: the "mingw version" also compiled fine.

Jean-Marc