* How to use C++ library iin OCaml?
       [not found] <20070502084159.137F8BC82@yquem.inria.fr>
@ 2007-05-02  9:40 ` guanhua he
From: guanhua he @ 2007-05-02  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear all,

Does anyone know can I use C++ library in OCaml and how?

Thanks
   Guan

* Re: [Caml-list] How to use C++ library iin OCaml?
@ 2007-05-02 11:55   ` Richard Jones
From: Richard Jones @ 2007-05-02 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guanhua he; +Cc: caml-list

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 10:40:51AM +0100, guanhua he wrote:
> Does anyone know can I use C++ library in OCaml and how?

Read: http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/manual032.html

You'll have problems with the C++ name mangling, and it'll be tricky
if the library uses lots of templates, exceptions or even complicated
object features, but in principle it should be possible.

Which library?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat

* Re: [Caml-list] How to use C++ library iin OCaml?
@ 2007-05-02 12:24     ` guanhua he
From: guanhua he @ 2007-05-02 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Jones; +Cc: caml-list

Hi, Rich,

Thanks for your reply.

I'd like to use the Parma Polyhedra Library
(http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/) to solve the convex-hull and widening
problems. Does it work in ocaml? Or any other good tools for ocaml?

BTW, does ocaml work with the
LP_solver(http://lpsolve.sourceforge.net/5.5/) library? Or is there any
good LP solver for ocaml?

Thanks
  Guan

@ 2007-05-02 13:15       ` Josh Berdine
From: Josh Berdine @ 2007-05-02 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi Guan,

If you're interested in the PPL, I'd keep an eye on APRON
(http://apron.cri.ensmp.fr/library/) which is advertised as soon to have a
PPL interface.

Cheers,  Josh

@ 2007-05-02 20:55       ` Roberto Bagnara
From: Roberto Bagnara @ 2007-05-02 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guanhua he
  Cc: Richard Jones, caml-list,
	The Parma Polyhedra Library developers' list

guanhua he wrote:
> I'd like to use the Parma Polyhedra Library
> (http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/) to solve the convex-hull and widening
> problems. Does it work in ocaml? Or any other good tools for ocaml?

The CVS version of the PPL (what will become PPL 0.10) has an OCaml
interface (in addition to C++, C, Prolog and Java interfaces).
This version is not formally released yet, but you can obtain it
by following the instructions at

     http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/Download/cvs#read-only-access

The OCaml interface has not been heavily tested yet, but we believe
it works OK.  In any case, we will provide all the assistance
you may need.

> BTW, does ocaml work with the
> LP_solver(http://lpsolve.sourceforge.net/5.5/) library? Or is there any
> good LP solver for ocaml?

The same version of the PPL features also a Mixed Linear/Integer Programming
solver based on exact arithmetic.  You can access it from all the interfaces,
including the OCaml interface.
Hope this helps,

      Roberto

--