* runtime woes -- cannot find dllunix.so
@ 2007-06-21 14:19 Andrew Warshaver
From: Andrew Warshaver @ 2007-06-21 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lista OCaml

Hi all,

I have recently installed ocaml 3.10, but the executables are not all
working.  Some work (ocaml, ocamldep) but most don't (ocamlbuild,
ocamlbrowser, ocamldoc).  What happens when I try to run these is:

[awarshaver@nyc-qws-029 bin]$ ocamlbuild
Fatal error: cannot load shared library dllunix
Reason: dllunix.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

I have done make world, make opt, and make install, after setting my
config/Makefile to point into my home directory.  This file defenitely
exists,

[awarshaver@nyc-qws-029 ocaml]$ ls
/home/awarshaver/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllunix.so
/home/awarshaver/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllunix.so

so I'm not sure what is wrong.  I thought it might be an environment
variable, but changing OCAMLPATH to various guesses did not seem to
help.  By default, it (and OCAMLFIND_DESTDIR) seem to be set to
something dubious (this directory does not even exist).

[awarshaver@nyc-qws-029 ocaml]$ echo $OCAMLPATH
/home/awarshaver/lib/ocaml-site-lib

I am really anxious to play around with the new ocamlbuild tool, so  if
you think you know why this isn't working please let me know!

Sincerely,
Andrew

(sorry if you receive this twice i tried sending to caml-list@inria.fr
but i don't think that worked)

* runtime woes -- cannot find dllunix.so
@ 2007-06-21 14:10 Andrew Warshaver