From: "Daniel Bünzli" <daniel.buenzli@erratique.ch>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Cc: Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas@ocamlpro.com>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] TypeRex release 1.0.0 candidate 1
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 01:46:48 +0100	[thread overview]

I love it. This fulfills so many of my wishes. Thank you.

> Anyway, would it be possible to include, in the distribution a theme matching the mode of OCaml's distribution ?

Here's a workaround :

(setq ocp-syntax-coloring nil)

; Hack to get caml-mode color scheme
(setq load-path (cons "~/.emacs.d/caml-mode" load-path))
(if window-system (require 'caml-font))
(add-hook 'typerex-mode-hook 'caml-font-set-font-lock)

> Disregarding the menu showing the possible completions, is it significantly different from 'dabbrev-expand ? Is it module-aware, couldn't for example complete the symbols from List.* ?

Problem gone, it is module aware. Not type aware (maybe in the future according to Thomas), however if you wait a little bit it will tell you the type of the selected completion.

I did however disable automatic completion (annoying anyway), it sometimes hangs my typing. That did it for me (shift tab to invoke auto completion) :

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/auto-complete-mode")
(setq ocp-auto-complete t)

(global-set-key (kbd "S-<tab>") 'auto-complete)
(setq ac-auto-start nil)

Here [1] are things ocamlbuild users should know and here's [2] an ocp-env script.

Best,

Daniel

[1] https://github.com/OCamlPro/typerex/issues/8
[2] https://github.com/OCamlPro/typerex/issues/6#issuecomment-4126540