From: Andrej Bauer <Andrej.Bauer@fmf.uni-lj.si>
To: Kiran Pamnany <kiran@cs.brown.edu>, caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Matching problem?
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:02:46 +0200	[thread overview]

Kiran Pamnany wrote:
> begin try
>   syscall (fun () -> Unix.connect s ...
> with
>   Unix.Unix_error(UNIX.EINPROGRESS,_,_) -> ...
>   | Unix.Unix_error(e,_,_) -> ...
>   | err -> prerr_endline (Printexc.to_string err)
> done;
>
> The output for this is:
>
> Unix.Unix_error(38, "connect", "")
>
> How is this possible?

I am just guessing, but the exception handler for the second case calls
Unix.close on line 963, which could raise a further exception that would
not get caught. Also some of the Unix.xxx calls before the begin..try
block could raise an exception. The odd thing is you're getting
Unix_error(_, "connect", _), i.e., as if the actual call to Unix.connect
causes it. By the way, isn't error 38 "function not supported"? What
does that tell us?

Andrej