From: Dave Benjamin <dave@ramenlabs.com>
To: Gerd Stolpmann <info@gerd-stolpmann.de>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Simple HTTPS client example?
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 09:18:33 -0700	[thread overview]

Gerd Stolpmann wrote:
> Am Montag, den 03.09.2007, 21:32 -0700 schrieb Dave Benjamin:
>> Has anyone written any code to use Ocamlnet to retrieve a URL using
>> HTTPS? I'm looking at Uq_ssl and Http_client, but can't seem to find a
>> way to fit them together.
>
> There is no easy way to do so.

Well, is there a difficult way to do so? Any idea what that way might be? =)

Otherwise, it seems like it ought to be possible at least to use a proxy
like squid to relay the request. However, even with proxy enabled, I get
this error:

	Exception: Failure "Http_client: bad URL".

whenever there is an "https" as the protocol. It looks like subclassing
the call class and overriding set_request_uri to accept HTTPS URLs would
at least make that error go away, but then something additional would
need to be done to keep track of the protocol when it's time to send it
to the proxy...

Thanks,
Dave