Dario Teixeira wrote: >>Probably. Its widgets are also much nicer looking, and apps written >>with it don't look jarringly out of place on a modern desktop the way >>Tk apps do. (All IMO, of course.) >> >> > >Hi, > >Still on the subject of toolkits, is there a reason why there aren't any >OCaml bindings for Qt? I mean, is it simply because no one ever bothered >to implement one, or are there license incompatibility issues? > >I have used both Qt and Gtk before, and in my opinion, not only does >Qt's elegance give it an edge over Gtk, it also feels like it would be >a better match to OCaml. > > The problem as I understand things is that C++ doesn't play nice with any language that is not C++ or explicitly designed to work with C++ (cue Skaller). This is especially true if you use the fancy features of C++ like templates and operator overloading, which Qt does. Which makes it much easier to use in C++, but much harder to bind to any other language. Note that this is true of all languages- it'd be a trick to write an Ocaml to Swing binding as well. Brian