* Configuration of ocaml 3.10.0 fails to link graphics library
@ 2007-11-07 17:22 Byron Hale
From: Byron Hale @ 2007-11-07 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I am trying to get ocaml 3.10 to configure on an AMD64 system with Suse
Linux 10.3.

The only problem is that the graph library, which is present in the
source, has no link
provisions.  Suggestions?

Thanks,

Byron Hale

* Re: [Caml-list] Configuration of ocaml 3.10.0 fails to link graphics library
@ 2007-11-08  8:58 ` Olivier Andrieu
From: Olivier Andrieu @ 2007-11-08  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Byron Hale; +Cc: caml-list

On Nov 7, 2007 6:22 PM, Byron Hale <byron.hale@einfo.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get ocaml 3.10 to configure on an AMD64 system with Suse
> Linux 10.3.
>
> The only problem is that the graph library, which is present in the
> source, has no link
> provisions.  Suggestions?

What do you mean, that the configure script doesn't build the graphics library ?
You may have to use the -x11include and -x11lib options of configure:
IIRC I had to use -x11lib /usr/lib64 on my system.

--
  Olivier

* Re: [Caml-list] Configuration of ocaml 3.10.0 fails to link graphics library
@ 2007-11-09  1:23   ` Byron Hale
From: Byron Hale @ 2007-11-09  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olivier Andrieu, caml-list

Thank you, Oliver.

I do not expect "./configure" to compile Ocaml.
However, it gave me a message that
there was no link information for the graphics library.

I will use your suggestion and see what happens! :)

Byron

@ 2007-11-11 18:51     ` Byron Hale
From: Byron Hale @ 2007-11-11 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olivier Andrieu, caml-list

Oliver,

Your suggestion worked.

I got a full configuration and subsequent install.

Thanks again.

Byron