From: Romain Bardou <Romain.Bardou@lri.fr>
To: Nicolas Pouillard <nicolas.pouillard@gmail.com>
Cc: caml-list <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild and packs
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:42:30 +0100	[thread overview]

Thanks for your help!

Now it still doesn't compile, but the error is different and shows that
I'm getting closer.

What I didn't tell you is that I actually have several directories
"bla", so it is more like this:

	module A
	module C
	module bla/A
	module bla/B
	module bli/C
	module Main

You can view the "bla" and "bli" directories as the "parsing" and
"utils" directories of the OCaml source.

The module bla/A depends on the module bli/C. There is no clash between
names in the directories bla and bli, and I want to pack bla and bli
together in a big module Blabli so Main can access Blabli.A, Blabli.B
and Blabli.C. So I have a file blabli.mlpack:

	bla/A
	bla/B
	bli/C

The problem is that ocamlbuild doesn't look in bli to compile the files
in bla, so I get an error while compiling bla/A: the module bli/C is
unbound.

I guess one possible solution would be to put all the files in "bla" and
in "bli" together in the same directory, but I'd really prefer to avoid
that if possible. I tried it and it works, though: when I put every file
in the same subdirectory, the following command works, and produces the
file _build/bla.cmo:

	ocamlbuild bla.cmo

However, the following command doesn't work:

	ocamlbuild bla.cmx

Because the files aren't compiled with the -for-pack option. I have to
add "-cflags -for-pack,Bla". I guess it shouldn't be hard to use the
_tags file to make it use the flag only on the files of bla, so I'll try
and investigate that (couldn't it be automatic though?).

Thanks again,

	Romain Bardou