* Trouble with Ocamldoc + Ocamlbuild
@ 2009-02-27 19:57 Dario Teixeira
From: Dario Teixeira @ 2009-02-27 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting Ocamlbuild to produce API documentation via
Ocamldoc in a project that uses packed modules.  The project has two main
directories, modA and modB, each contanining a couple of modules, as follows:

modA
  |- Foo
  |- Bar

modB
  |- Glu
  |- Bah

I placed the modA.mlpack and modB.mlpack files at the top-level, listing the
modules in the respective directories.  The main target itself is to build
the library mylib.cma, containing the packed modules modA.cmo and modB.cmo.
Therefore, also at the top level directory is the file mylib.mllib, whose
contents are "modA" and "modB" in separate lines.

Now, building the library with "ocamlbuild mylib.cma" works fine.  But how
can I tell Ocamlbuild to build the API doc with Ocamldoc?  I reckon I have
to create a mylib.odocl file at the top-level, but what should its contents
be? I have tried "modA" and "modB", but it doesn't work.  Neither does a
fully qualified specification, such as "modA.Foo", etc.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Dario Teixeira

P.S. The caml-list seems to be cloning posts today.  Sorry if you get this
     message multiple times.

* Re: [Caml-list] Trouble with Ocamldoc + Ocamlbuild
@ 2009-02-27 20:09 ` David Rajchenbach-Teller
From: David Rajchenbach-Teller @ 2009-02-27 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dario Teixeira; +Cc: caml-list

You should take a look at Batteries' myocamlbuild.ml, we're solving this
issue and it's messy (it involves generating the .mli for each .mlpack).

Cheers,
 David

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 11:57 -0800, Dario Teixeira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having some trouble getting Ocamlbuild to produce API documentation via
> Ocamldoc in a project that uses packed modules.  The project has two main
> directories, modA and modB, each contanining a couple of modules, as follows:
>
> modA
>   |- Foo
>   |- Bar
>
> modB
>   |- Glu
>   |- Bah
>

> I placed the modA.mlpack and modB.mlpack files at the top-level, listing the
> modules in the respective directories.  The main target itself is to build
> the library mylib.cma, containing the packed modules modA.cmo and modB.cmo.
> Therefore, also at the top level directory is the file mylib.mllib, whose
> contents are "modA" and "modB" in separate lines.
>
> Now, building the library with "ocamlbuild mylib.cma" works fine.  But how
> can I tell Ocamlbuild to build the API doc with Ocamldoc?  I reckon I have
> to create a mylib.odocl file at the top-level, but what should its contents
> be? I have tried "modA" and "modB", but it doesn't work.  Neither does a
> fully qualified specification, such as "modA.Foo", etc.  Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Best regards,
> Dario Teixeira
>
> P.S. The caml-list seems to be cloning posts today.  Sorry if you get this
>      message multiple times.

David Teller-Rajchenbach
 Security of Distributed Systems
  http://www.univ-orleans.fr/lifo/Members/David.Teller
   « Ce matin Un crétin A tué un chercheur. » (air connu)
   Latest News of French Research: System being liquidated. Researchers angry.

* Re: [Caml-list] Trouble with Ocamldoc + Ocamlbuild
@ 2009-02-27 21:31   ` Dario Teixeira
From: Dario Teixeira @ 2009-02-27 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Rajchenbach-Teller; +Cc: caml-list

Hi,

> You should take a look at Batteries' myocamlbuild.ml, we're solving this
> issue and it's messy (it involves generating the .mli for each .mlpack).

Thanks!  But what does your myocamlbuild.ml expect that it be placed in
the various files (namely *.odocl) in order to generate the API doc for
a project like the one I described?

Cheers,
Dario Teixeira