* ocamlbuild -> toplevel
@ 2008-05-16  3:05 Matthieu Dubuget
From: Matthieu Dubuget @ 2008-05-16  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

playing with ocamlbuild, I manage to produce one "my.top" toplevel by
filling "my.mltop" with some module names (cmo), and asking for:
ocamlbuild my.top.

Now, instead of building a toplevel with cmo files, I would like to
build one with libraries (cma).
Is there any way to do this with ocamlbuild?

Thanks

Salutations

Matt

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild -> toplevel
@ 2008-05-16  7:38 ` Nicolas Pouillard
From: Nicolas Pouillard @ 2008-05-16  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: matthieu.dubuget; +Cc: caml-list

Excerpts from matthieu.dubuget's message of Fri May 16 05:05:45 +0200 2008:
> Hello,
>
> playing with ocamlbuild, I manage to produce one "my.top" toplevel by
> filling "my.mltop" with some module names (cmo), and asking for:
> ocamlbuild my.top.
>
> Now, instead of building a toplevel with cmo files, I would like to
> build one with libraries (cma).
> Is there any way to do this with ocamlbuild?

.mllib

Best regards,

--
Nicolas Pouillard aka Ertai

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: ocamlbuild -> toplevel
@ 2008-05-17 21:41 ` Matthieu Dubuget
From: Matthieu Dubuget @ 2008-05-17 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: caml-list

I replied off-list to Nicolas (by mistake) in order to insist, because
my question was not clear enough.

After some more readings, I would say that my goal was to generate a
custom toplevel by linking an
"internal" library ("internal" is the term used on ocamlbuild wiki for
libraries built by ocamlbuild).

> Yes names in .mltop, .mlpack, .mllib are all module names only.
>
> However you can try to add:
>
>   use_lib "my" "pilot"
>
> To your myocamlbuild.ml.

This solution did not the job. From the documentation, it is not clear
to me what "use_lib" does exactly.
But I think it adds pilot.cm(x)a when linking my.cmo?

In my case, there are simply no my.cmo... I could have use the standard
toplevel and loaded pilot.cma.
Anyway, I found a solution:

I added: ocaml_lib "pilot" in my ocamlbuild.ml and I tagged my.top with
use_pilot in the _tags file.

And since I have no module to include in my toplevel, I generated a void
my.mltop file.

Salutations

P.S. During the process, I also used a copy of the myocamlbuild I found
on the wiki to use ocamlfind.
       I had to add one line for the ocamlmktop command :
Options.ocamlmktop := ocamlfind & A"ocamlmktop"