* HTTP Client for OCaml
@ 2008-06-02 20:14 Robert Fischer
From: Robert Fischer @ 2008-06-02 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Is there an HTTP client which can 1) do HTTP authentication and 2) report on status codes?

I've tried both libcurl and ocamlnet, and encountered serious problems in both -- libcurl reports
that CURLINFO_RESPONSE_CODE isn't implemented, and ocamlnet throws steaming assertion death if
authentication fails.  So I'm looking for a new option.

~~ Robert.

* Re: [Caml-list] HTTP Client for OCaml
@ 2008-06-02 22:26 ` Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2008-06-02 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Fischer; +Cc: caml-list

Am Montag, den 02.06.2008, 15:14 -0500 schrieb Robert Fischer:
> Is there an HTTP client which can 1) do HTTP authentication and 2) report on status codes?
>
> I've tried both libcurl and ocamlnet, and encountered serious problems in both -- libcurl reports
> that CURLINFO_RESPONSE_CODE isn't implemented, and ocamlnet throws steaming assertion death if
> authentication fails.  So I'm looking for a new option.

For example, fixing the errors? I could do that for ocamlnet, given I
have a description of the error case.

Gerd
Gerd Stolpmann * Viktoriastr. 45 * 64293 Darmstadt * Germany
gerd@gerd-stolpmann.de          http://www.gerd-stolpmann.de
Phone: +49-6151-153855                  Fax: +49-6151-997714

* Re: [Caml-list] HTTP Client for OCaml
@ 2008-06-02 22:34   ` Robert Fischer
From: Robert Fischer @ 2008-06-02 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Sure, we can take a swing at fixing the errors.  It wouldn't have been the first time I started
playing with an OCaml library and then discovered it was superseded, though, so I wanted to
double-check.  :)

Gerd: I'll pitch you some example code off-list.  Anyone else want in on that action?

~~ Robert.