* native vs bytecode
@ 2008-08-06 19:58 Ben Aurel
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Ben Aurel @ 2008-08-06 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

hi
As I try to acquire more knowledge about Ocaml I made a bit of an
unpleseant discovery today. I always was fascinated by the execution
performance of Ocaml. But now I've learned, that this is only true for
native binaries and I'm a little confused now:

- is it possible to dynamically load native libraries into a native program?

- is it possible to dynamically load bytecode libraries into a native program?

- is it possible to dynamically load native libraries into a bytecode program?

- is it possible to dynamically load bytecode libraries into a bytecode program?

- Are there any performance test that shows how bytecode programs
stack up agains dynamic languages like ruby, perl and python?

thanks
ben