* Re: mutually dependent class and type
@ 2008-09-26  0:03 Jeff Shaw
From: Jeff Shaw @ 2008-09-26  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I don't know how you might directly get what you want, but here's one
way to get an equivalent result.

class element_aux (c : [`Data of string | `Element of element list]) =
object end

type content = Data of string | Element of element list;;

let content_of_variant = function Data d -> `Data d | Element e ->
`Element e

class element (c : content) = element_aux (content_of_variant c)

* Re: mutually dependent class and type
@ 2008-09-26  0:08 ` Jeff Shaw
From: Jeff Shaw @ 2008-09-26  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm more sick than I thought. content_of_variant should have been
variant_of_content, and I forgot to delete the double redundant semi-colon.

@ 2008-09-25 22:24 Sébastien Hinderer
From: Sébastien Hinderer @ 2008-09-25 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear list,

Is there a (clean) way to define simultaneously a class and a type that
are mutually recursive ?
Something like this :
class element (c : content) =
object
end and type content =
  | Data of string
  | Elements of element list;;

This is of course not a valid OCaml definition, but is there a way to
express it ?

Many thanks in advance for your help,
Sébastien.