* ocaml mingw installation problem
@ 2009-01-22 17:11 Matthieu Dubuget
From: Matthieu Dubuget @ 2009-01-22 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I still have a problem with my installation of OCaml 3.11.
Certainly because of some mis-configuration, but I can't figure out were
it could come from?

This was a mingw installation, from source.

I did it this way:

- Installed cygwin (+ some needed packages)
- Installed Active TCL 8.4.19.1. Default configuration.
- from here, I installed everything from  cygwin shell (in fact a KiTTY
shell)
- get rid of $OCAMLLIB, simplified a lot  $PATH to avoid strange effect
with other software
- Installation of version 0.13 of flexlink + added in PATH
- wget http://caml.inria.fr/pub/distrib/ocaml-3.11/ocaml-3.11.0.tar.gz
- tar xzf ocaml-3.11.0.tar.gz
- cp ocaml-3.11.0/config/s-nt.h ocaml-3.11/config/s.h
- cp ocaml-3.11.0/config/m-nt.h ocaml-3.11/config/m.h
- cp ocaml-3.11.0/config/Makefile.mingw ocaml-3.11/config/Makefile
- sed -i.bak -e
's|PREFIX=C:/ocamlmgw|PREFIX=C:/cygwin/home/matt/ocamlmgw|'
ocaml-3.11/config/Makefile
- cd ocaml-3.11.0 && make -f Makefile.nt world && make -f Makefile.nt
opt && make -f Makefile.nt opt.opt && make -f Makefile.nt install

Everything seems to have been installed without problem, but:
- ocamlbrowser does not want to run: application error (try to read
address 0)
- labltk: "Fatal error: cannot load shared library dlllabltk\nReason:
Cannot resolve Tk_PhotoPutBlock"

Thanks in advance for any idea to go further

Salutations

Matthieu Dubuget

P.S. On the contrary, I was able to install, compile and have lablgtk2
working

* Re: ocaml mingw installation problem
@ 2009-01-27 16:16 ` Matthieu Dubuget
From: Matthieu Dubuget @ 2009-01-27 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Matthieu Dubuget a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I still have a problem with my installation of OCaml 3.11.
> Certainly because of some mis-configuration, but I can't figure out were
> it could come from?

Confirmed: I had to install my computer from scratch (including
the "wonderfull" operating system I would prefer not having),
and now, everything is working fine.

Sorry for the noise

Salutations

Matt