From: Guillaume Yziquel <guillaume.yziquel@citycable.ch>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: ocamlbuild and ocamlfind - infer_interface
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 21:08:46 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello.

A small comment on the ocamlbuild wiki, and more specifically on its
plugin for ocamlfind:

http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/Using_ocamlfind_with_ocamlbuild

This plugin fails to generate .inferred.mli files. The following lines
(thanks to bluestorm on #ocaml irc channel) are needed in the
After_rules of the plugin:

-1- flag ["ocaml"; "infer_interface"; "pkg_"^pkg] & S[A"-package"; A pkg];

-2- flag ["ocaml"; "infer_interface"; "syntax_"^syntax] & S[A"-syntax";
A syntax];

-3- flag ["ocaml"; "pkg_threads"; "infer_interface"] (S[A "-thread"])

Since I could not find a single occurrence of "infer_interface" on the
Gallium wiki, and since I do not believe that using ocamlbuild and
ocamlfind together to infer .mli files is "not a simple task", I
sincerely believe that the documentation of ocamlbuild is insufficient,
and insufficently structured. (This is to echo the debate between Daniel
Bünzli and Romain Bardou, among others, two or three weeks ago
concerning the lack of documentation).

Could these three lines be added to the myocamlbuild.ml plugin for
ocamlfind on the Gallium wiki, and could tags such as "infer_interface"
be documented thoroughly on the wiki? That would be helpful!

All the best,

--
      Guillaume Yziquel
http://yziquel.homelinux.org/