* ocamlbuild and ocamlfind - using multiple grammars in a project
@ 2009-04-08  9:59 Hans Ole Rafaelsen
From: Hans Ole Rafaelsen @ 2009-04-08  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi

I'm trying to build a project using ocamlbuild with ocamlfind. One
submodule requires 'json-static' and another requires
'bitstring.syntax'. The preprocessors requires different syntaxes,
resulting in the following error:

ocamlfind: No unique value for the META variable 'preprocessor': package
camlp4 defines `camlp4', package bitstring.syntax defines `camlp4of'

Is there a way to make a myocamlbuild.ml file to select the preprocessor
to use on a submodule/file basis?

On a similar topic: Is it possible to tell ocamlbuild to use another
file than myocamlbuild.ml for additional build instructions? At the
moment I have a makefile that changes links to different files, but I'm
not happy too with this method.

Thanks

Hans Ole

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild and ocamlfind - using multiple grammars in a project
@ 2009-04-08 13:23 ` Romain Bardou
From: Romain Bardou @ 2009-04-08 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Ole Rafaelsen; +Cc: caml-list

Hans Ole Rafaelsen a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to build a project using ocamlbuild with ocamlfind. One
> submodule requires 'json-static' and another requires
> 'bitstring.syntax'. The preprocessors requires different syntaxes,
> resulting in the following error:
>
> ocamlfind: No unique value for the META variable 'preprocessor': package
> camlp4 defines `camlp4', package bitstring.syntax defines `camlp4of'
>
> Is there a way to make a myocamlbuild.ml file to select the preprocessor
> to use on a submodule/file basis?

Yes. In the wiki plugin, you have lines such as:

flag ["ocaml"; "compile";  "syntax_"^syntax] & S[A"-syntax"; A syntax];

This means that the "-syntax foo" option will only be added if a package
"foo" exists AND your compiled file (i.e. ".ml") has tag "syntax_foo".
So, just tag your files, but not two files with two syntax tags.

> On a similar topic: Is it possible to tell ocamlbuild to use another
> file than myocamlbuild.ml for additional build instructions? At the
> moment I have a makefile that changes links to different files, but I'm
> not happy too with this method.

Unfortunately, not yet.

--
Romain Bardou

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild and ocamlfind - using multiple grammars in a project
@ 2009-04-08 13:25   ` Romain Bardou
From: Romain Bardou @ 2009-04-08 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Hans Ole Rafaelsen, caml-list

> So, just tag your files, but not two files with two syntax tags.

Sorry, I meant "do not tag a single given file with two syntax tags"

--
Romain Bardou