* Hunting a memory leak
@ 2009-06-12 12:16 Tiphaine Turpin
From: Tiphaine Turpin @ 2009-06-12 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I have a serious problem with a memory leak that I cannot spot. My code
is basically a while loop, and the heap is constantly growing at each
iteration, so I assume that I have some mutable datastructure allocated
before entering the loop which grows to much. But all those I can think
of are either obviously correct or have a small "objsize". A last
precision : I am interfacing with some C code (mlcuddidl), but the leak
seems to be in the Caml heap according to Gc.heapwords.

What is the methodology for addressing this kind problems ? Is there any
tool that would tell me the roots of the biggest parts in the heap ?

Thanks,

Tiphaine

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-06-12 12:17 UTC | newest]