* Ocamldoc and multiple packages
@ 2009-09-11 15:47 Alexey Rodriguez
From: Alexey Rodriguez @ 2009-09-11 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml List

Dear list,

I am trying to build ocamldoc documentation for an ocaml project that
contains multiple packages (collections of modules built using
-for-pack and -pack). My current setup generates documentation for
each package but it won't generate hyperlinks to modules in other
packages (module not found errors). I tried using the -load and -dump
commands to allow ocamldoc see the ocamldoc-results of the referred to
package, but I still get problems. I suspect that the problem arises
because ocamldoc does not have a -pack option, so it always sees
modules in a flat way. So if you have package Pack1 with module A, and
module B in Pack2 which refers to Pack1.A.t, ocamldoc cannot solve
this reference because it does not know that module A is inside
another module called Pack1.

The solutions I see right now seem to involve more effort than I am
willing to spend. So, before I embark on a task that might take too
long I would like to ask for tips on this. How do you perform ocamldoc
generation for projects with multiple packages? Thanks!

Cheers,

Alexey