* ocamlbuild documentation
@ 2009-10-20 20:46 Sam Steingold
From: Sam Steingold @ 2009-10-20 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

What documentation for ocamlbuild is available in in addition to
http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/Ocamlbuild &
http://nicolaspouillard.fr/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild-user-guide.html?

Thanks
Sam

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild documentation
@ 2009-10-21  8:47 ` Romain Bardou
From: Romain Bardou @ 2009-10-21  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Steingold; +Cc: caml-list

Sam Steingold a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> What documentation for ocamlbuild is available in in addition to
> http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/Ocamlbuild &
> http://nicolaspouillard.fr/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild-user-guide.html?

Hello,

As far as I know there is none.

--
Romain Bardou

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild documentation
@ 2009-10-21 13:36   ` Erick Matsen
                       ` (3 more replies)
From: Erick Matsen @ 2009-10-21 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Romain Bardou; +Cc: Sam Steingold, caml-list

Hi--

This is such a common theme on this list, I wonder if it would be
worth setting up a repository of well-commented Ocamlbuild examples.
That would go a long way towards helping beginners (like myself) out.

Would people be interested in contributing such examples? Any ideas
about where to host them?

Thanks,

Erick

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 1:47 AM, Romain Bardou <Romain.Bardou@lri.fr> wrote:
> Sam Steingold a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> What documentation for ocamlbuild is available in in addition to
>> http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/Ocamlbuild &
>> http://nicolaspouillard.fr/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild-user-guide.html?
>
> Hello,
>
> As far as I know there is none.
>
> --
> Romain Bardou

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild documentation
@ 2009-10-21 14:00     ` Ashish Agarwal
                       ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Ashish Agarwal @ 2009-10-21 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erick Matsen; +Cc: Romain Bardou, Sam Steingold, caml-list

> Any ideas about where to host them?

Why not at the first link given? It is a wiki.
http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/Ocamlbuild

Personally I think what's most needed is a description of the concepts,
although examples of course would help too.

@ 2009-10-21 14:01     ` Rakotomandimby Mihamina
From: Rakotomandimby Mihamina @ 2009-10-21 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

10/21/2009 04:36 PM, Erick Matsen:

somthing a bit like that: http://pleac.sourceforge.net/pleac_ocaml/ ?

> Would people be interested in contributing such examples? Any ideas
> about where to host them?

ocamlforge?
sourceforge? google code? freshmeat?

                                    +261 33 11 207 36

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild documentation
@ 2009-10-21 14:02     ` Gabriel Kerneis
From: Gabriel Kerneis @ 2009-10-21 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 06:36:52AM -0700, Erick Matsen wrote:
> This is such a common theme on this list, I wonder if it would be
> worth setting up a repository of well-commented Ocamlbuild examples.
> That would go a long way towards helping beginners (like myself) out.

Since ocamlbuild is (unofficially) unmaintained, I wonder if this is
such a good idea.  You might prefer to swich to a more perennial system
(like make).

Regards,
--
Gabriel, only half-kidding

* Re: ocamlbuild documentation
                       ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-10-21 14:24     ` Sylvain Le Gall
From: Sylvain Le Gall @ 2009-10-21 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 21-10-2009, Erick Matsen <ematsen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi--
>

> This is such a common theme on this list, I wonder if it would be
> worth setting up a repository of well-commented Ocamlbuild examples.
> That would go a long way towards helping beginners (like myself) out.
>
> Would people be interested in contributing such examples? Any ideas
> about where to host them?

OCaml Forge is probably the best place to host this kind of project:
http://forge.ocamlcore.org

Probably a lot of potential contributors are already subscribed and you
will get a good visibility among other OCaml projects.

Regards
Sylvain Le Gall

> Thanks,
>
> Erick
>
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 1:47 AM, Romain Bardou <Romain.Bardou@lri.fr> wrote:
>> Sam Steingold a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> What documentation for ocamlbuild is available in in addition to
>>> http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/Ocamlbuild &
>>> http://nicolaspouillard.fr/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild-user-guide.html?
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> As far as I know there is none.
>>
>> --
>> Romain Bardou

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild documentation
@ 2009-10-21 14:25       ` Rakotomandimby Mihamina
From: Rakotomandimby Mihamina @ 2009-10-21 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

10/21/2009 05:02 PM, Gabriel Kerneis:
>> worth setting up a repository of well-commented Ocamlbuild examples.
> You might prefer to swich to a more perennial system

Not wrong...

                                    +261 33 11 207 36