On 22/07/2010 04:29, Alain Frisch wrote: > On 7/21/2010 8:41 PM, Dumitru Potop-Butucaru wrote: >> If I understand well, what I try to do is impossible for >> some deep theoretical reason. Can someone explain this >> to me, or point me to a relevant paper explaining it? > > Turning a module type into a module is not possible in general: if the > module type defines runtime components like values, what module would > you produce? I do not understand why you talk about transforming a module type in a module. What I wanted to do is to use a functor signature as a transformer of module types in module types (just as a functor transforms a module into another module). Following the definitions of the reference manual of 3.12.0+beta1, section 2.4, doing this seems very natural, even if it is currently impossible. Jacky Potop