From: Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi.dogguy@pps.jussieu.fr>
To: Florent Monnier <monnier.florent@gmail.com>
Cc: caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Please provide at least one page for your  ocaml projects
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 12:56:28 +0200	[thread overview]

On 08/28/2010 12:43 PM, Florent Monnier wrote:
> Le vendredi 27 août 2010 12:29:40, vous avez écrit :
>> On 08/26/2010 10:10 PM, Florent Monnier wrote:
>>> I would say that when packagers write patches that add new
>>> features it would be nice if they set up such a basic web-page
>>> too.
>>
>> FWIW, in Debian, we have:
>>
>> http://patch-tracker.debian.org/
>>
>> which lists and shows applied patches to any Debian package.
>
> I don't see any way to display the added features. I don't see any
> description either
>
> it is only a basic listing

Well, we really don't need more than that. Distributed packages aren't
supposed to be a forked version of the original one. We write patches to
fix problems. Some of the written patches introduce minor features (in
which case, it should be very easy to understand by simply looking at
the patch). But, that's all… If you want more than that (detailed
descriptions of each patch), it's not going to happen because it's a lot
of work. Besides, we try to send to our upstreams each written patch…
So, in an ideal world, those patches are there only for a limited amount
of time.

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي