Le 15/04/11 11:22, Miguel Pignatelli a écrit : > Hi all, > > Maybe this is a long shot, but... > > I have a gaussian (normal) distribution defined by its mean and std > deviation and I want to know the probability of a given known point in > the curve. Probability of one point for a continuous law is zero ... You probably wand the probability Phi(x) of a point in ]-infinity,x] from which you can compute the probability of a point in any interval ... > I have followed the formula given in [1] but I realized that there are > cases where P > 1. After struggling myself for a while I realized that > that formula expresses the probability *density* distribution that > happens that can be > 1. Are you aware of any module in ocaml to > calculate the probability [0 > (other kind of relevant references are also welcome) > > Thanks in advance, > > M; > > [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution The same page has a section : Numerical approximations for the normal CDF to compute Phi(x) yourself (this is not completely trivial). Hope this helps, Christophe