From: Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr>
To: caml-list <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: [Caml-list] posting policy
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 18:34:56 +0200	[thread overview]

Dear caml-list subscribers,

As you probably noticed, spam has been on the rise on the caml-list
since it was moved to INRIA's heavy-duty Sympa list server.  The
reason is that we lost one level of spam filtering during the move,
and my Sympa administrator informed me that there is nothing that can
be done about it except restrincting who can post to the list.

Based on the results of a quick poll at the OCaml meeting last Friday,
the caml-list is therefore now in "subscribers or confirmation" mode,
meaning that:

- if you post from an e-mail address that is subscribed to the list,
  the post goes through;
- otherwise, the poster receives an e-mail with a confirmation link
  that needs to be visited before the post goes through.

Of course, to avoid the inconvenience of confirming posts, you can
change your subscription so that it reflects the address you post
from, and/or subscribe multiple e-mail addresses to the list
and arrange so that only one receives messages.  All this can be done
from the Web interface:

Regards,

- Xavier Leroy