On 04/21/2011 01:23 AM, Jon Harrop wrote: > The OCaml team at INRIA are not motivated to do this because it does not > constitute research, would probably make Coq slower and would burden them > with maintaining irrelevant features. You think the programmers in the world that are only interested in floating-point intensive computations, with fine-grain concurrency, are a huge majority. I think they are not so many. Can we do a better job of quantifying this ? > OCaml users just migrate to other languages that are closer to what they > want rather than spending years learning how to build a parallel OCaml, then > doing it and then building a community around it. The only notable exception > might be Jane St. Capital because they have the resources and a vested > interest in performance. There are other large companies invested in OCaml, > like Citrix, but they aren't so interested in parallelism. That's probably the reason why so many scientists use Python instead of OCaml, because it is faster with better multicore support ? I always thought Python was slower than OCaml, and had no multicore support... Fabrice