Hello, A friend of mine is giving a talk about "monkey patching" entitled "Monkey patching, subclassing, and accidental overriding" (http://aaroncrane.co.uk/talks/monkey_patching_subclassing/paper.html). I was wondering how Ocaml deals with this situation or if it is even a problem at all in Ocaml? I mocked up some code: class base = object method meth x = print_endline "base"; print_endline (string_of_int x) end class deriv = object inherit base method meth x = print_endline "deriv"; print_endline (string_of_int x) end which kind of(?) shows the problem in Ocaml. He suggests in his paper that using a Meta-Object Protocol is the way around this. What do you think? Thanks, Chris Yocum