Hi all, tl;dr I created an installer for Windows. I'd be happy if you could try it out, give me feedback, and tell me if it works for you. Download it there: . What does the installer do? The installer is built using mingw/msys (*not* cygwin), 32bit flavor. The installer : - installs a full ocaml distribution, - sets up the path, env variables, ld.conf, etc. - downloads the right activetcl installer and launches its setup if the user doesn't have the right version of activetcl installed already, - unless the user opts-out, the installer will download emacs, install the caml-mode files, associate .ml and .mli files with emacs in the windows explorer, and write the right .el files so that the caml-mode is operational without requiring any extra configuration, - the installer will also add start menu entries and register uninstall information for the control panel "add/remove programs" thingy. Basically, once the installer is done, you can fire up an emacs and do M-x run-caml, and it works. Because I'm not bundling any as.exe, users will need extra steps to enjoy native compilation. The recommended procedure (also described at the link above) is to install mingw/msys to get a working unix-like environment, and export the right FLEXLINKFLAGS. Because I'm bundling flexlink in the installer, this is the only manual action that's required. Target audience My main target is students / non-geeks who just want an emacs to play with, and possibly a little bit extra environment to try out compilation. I don't intend on investing a lot of time / energy into this. My goal is not to provide anything like a full ocaml distribution (I've been told godi works on windows), more like a quick and easy way to get setup. I would like you to implement feature X If you have any feature requests, please submit a patch. The project lives on GitHub so please do send pull requests if you feel so inclined. Cheers, jonathan