From: "Bünzli Daniel" <daniel.buenzli@erratique.ch>
To: caml-list List <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] xmlm and names(paces)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 22:26:04 +0100	[thread overview]

Le 6 févr. 08 à 21:59, David Teller a écrit :

> As far as I know, the only difference is when you try and produce
> human-readable XML documents. In this case, there are often ad-hoc
> conventions regarding which prefix maps to what namespace (e.g. for
> the
> same namespace, xhtml: is more readable than, say, ns1:) -- which
> might
> be useful for people writing, say, editors.

As a side note I'll also add that xmlm's handling of namespaces is
going to keep attributes of the xmlns namespace instead of removing
them. This allows to know which prefix bindings were done in the
document. Given how output is going to work chaining xmlm's input with
output  you'll get the same prefixes that were present on input
(provided the same ns is not bound to two different prefixes in a
given context in which case there may be differences).

Best,

Daniel