* [Caml-list] Netmcore problems.
@ 2012-01-13 16:30 Anders Fugmann
From: Anders Fugmann @ 2012-01-13 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I'm having a problem using netmcore from ocamlnet 3.4 library.

When I try to place a large data structure into Netmcore_array, the
controlling process dies with the following error:

[Fri Jan 13 16:21:38 2012] [netplex.controller] [alert] Process 28067
for service netmcore_0 terminated with signal 7

The error occurs while trying to initialise a Netmcore_array from an
array of 4*10^6 strings all of length 150. This is done in the context
of the "first" process.

The controlling process initializes a memory pool by using

   let pool_id = Netmcore_mempool.create_mempool (1024 * 1024 * 1024 *
10) in

Running the code on a smaller dataset seems to work.

I have increased kernel variables shmall and shmmax to very high numbers
(100Gb), but it does not solve the problem.

All ideas are welcome.

On other question while I'm at it; am I allowed to create multiple
shared arrays from the same memory pool, or do I need to create one pool
for each shared array?

Regards
Anders Fugmann