* [Caml-list] Interval programming library
@ 2012-02-13 14:42 Jean-Marc Alliot
From: Jean-Marc Alliot @ 2012-02-13 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

This is an interval computation library for ocaml. The download link is :
http://www.alliot.fr/code/interval.tgz

This library uses assembly code to compute all operations with proper
roundings (high/low), and currently ONLY works on intel processors.
The package has been developped for linux systems but should probably
work on windows distribution with a few tweaks.

Documentation is available in the doc/ directory in html, pdf and dvi
formats. It is extremely wise to read the whole documentation, even if
you intend to only use the interval module.

To build the library just type "make" in the main directory.

Tests are available in the TESTS/ directory. They are mainly for
debugging purpose and quite complicated. You may run them to
check that everything is working properly for your machine.
The test program runs also a speed test program for your
particular architecture.

Examples are available in the EXAMPLES/ directory. There is a
B_AND_B sub-directory with an example of a branch-and-bound algorithm
that uses interval arithmetics for function optimization (the
example is for the Griewank function, but you can substitute
any function you like).

All bug reports should be sent to
jean-marc.alliot@irit.fr
gottelan@recherche.enac.fr

Happy interval programming...

* Re: [Caml-list] Interval programming library
@ 2012-02-13 15:37 ` Fabrice Le Fessant
From: Fabrice Le Fessant @ 2012-02-13 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

  Thanks for your contribution ! Could you create a web page with all
this information ? When we want to advertise the existence of such a
package (from the hump, for example), it is better to link to a web page
instead of directly to the source archive, in case the archive is
updated, or something like that.

--Fabrice

On 02/13/2012 03:42 PM, Jean-Marc Alliot wrote:
> This is an interval computation library for ocaml. The download link is :
> http://www.alliot.fr/code/interval.tgz
>
> This library uses assembly code to compute all operations with proper
> roundings (high/low), and currently ONLY works on intel processors.
> The package has been developped for linux systems but should probably
> work on windows distribution with a few tweaks.
>
> Documentation is available in the doc/ directory in html, pdf and dvi
> formats. It is extremely wise to read the whole documentation, even if
> you intend to only use the interval module.
>
> To build the library just type "make" in the main directory.
>
> Tests are available in the TESTS/ directory. They are mainly for
> debugging purpose and quite complicated. You may run them to
> check that everything is working properly for your machine.
> The test program runs also a speed test program for your
> particular architecture.
>
> Examples are available in the EXAMPLES/ directory. There is a
> B_AND_B sub-directory with an example of a branch-and-bound algorithm
> that uses interval arithmetics for function optimization (the
> example is for the Griewank function, but you can substitute
> any function you like).
>

> All bug reports should be sent to
> jean-marc.alliot@irit.fr
> gottelan@recherche.enac.fr
>
> Happy interval programming...

[-- Attachment #2: fabrice_le_fessant.vcf --]

begin:vcard
fn:Fabrice LE FESSANT
n:LE FESSANT;Fabrice
org:INRIA Saclay -- Ile-de-France;P2P & OCaml
adr;quoted-printable:;;Parc Orsay Universit=C3=A9 ;Orsay CEDEX;;91893;France
email;internet:fabrice.le_fessant@inria.fr
title;quoted-printable:Charg=C3=A9 de Recherche
tel;work:+33 1 74 85 42 14
tel;fax:+33 1 74 85 42 49
url:http://fabrice.lefessant.net/
version:2.1
end:vcard

* Re: [Caml-list] Interval programming library
@ 2012-02-13 23:44   ` Jean-Marc Alliot
From: Jean-Marc Alliot @ 2012-02-13 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list