* [Caml-list] Fwd: Re: [Batteries-devel] browsing the code while reading the doc
@ 2012-02-15  7:58 Francois Berenger
From: Francois Berenger @ 2012-02-15  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Batteries-devel] browsing the code while reading the doc
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 08:47:42 +0100
From: bluestorm <bluestorm.dylc@gmail.com>
To: Francois Berenger <berenger@riken.jp>
CC: batteries-devel@lists.forge.ocamlcore.org

We delegate documentation production to the standard ocamldoc tool,
which doesn't have this feature, so that is not really in the game
zone of batteries developers. That said, it *could* be possible to
make that feature available without changing ocamldoc upstream, by
implementing it as a custom documentation formatter -- ocamldoc has a
flexible architecture in this regard.
   http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/manual029.html#toc120

Xavier Clerc has some experience tuning ocamldoc (
http://argot.x9c.fr/ ), maybe he could comment on the feasibility of
this. You could ask on the caml-list, maybe cc-ing him. If you wished
to have a try at it directly, looking at how Argot is implemented
would be a good source of inspiration.

(There used to be a custom documentation generator for Batteries, but
afaik. we mostly ditched it because, while it was nice, it made
documentation generation time impossibly slow...)