* [Caml-list] Setting up donations for OASIS and odb.ml
@ 2012-05-09  2:13 Francois Berenger
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Francois Berenger @ 2012-05-09  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: OCaml Beginners List

Hello,

How about setting up a donate button to each of these projects?

I would personally like to give some of my pocket money to both of these
projects and I am sure I am not the only one in this situation.
Also, these two projects look very important for a wider adoption of OCaml.

Regards,
F.

PS: maybe ocamlbrew too?

* Re: [Caml-list] Setting up donations for OASIS and odb.ml
@ 2012-05-09  9:22 ` Paolo Donadeo
From: Paolo Donadeo @ 2012-05-09  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nice idea, I subscribe! :-)

--
*Paolo*

* [Caml-list] Re: Setting up donations for OASIS and odb.ml
@ 2012-05-09 11:27 ` Sylvain Le Gall
From: Sylvain Le Gall @ 2012-05-09 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francois Berenger, Ashish Agarwal; +Cc: caml-list, OCaml Beginners List

2012/5/9 Francois Berenger <berenger@riken.jp>

> Hello,
>
> How about setting up a donate button to each of these projects?
>
> I would personally like to give some of my pocket money to both of these
> projects and I am sure I am not the only one in this situation.
> Also, these two projects look very important for a wider adoption of OCaml.

I think it is a good idea. Though, OASIS itself is just time consuming for
me. I'd prefer to receive some money for the forge, for which I have to pay
something.

But for reason related to my current job, I cannot receive money directly.
It will be better for me to have some kind of umbrella non-profit
organization to which I can ask to buy things (like a Windows license for
setting up a Windows build slave).

Regards
Sylvain

* Re: [Caml-list] Re: Setting up donations for OASIS and odb.ml
@ 2012-05-09 11:32   ` Paolo Donadeo
From: Paolo Donadeo @ 2012-05-09 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Sylvain Le Gall <sylvain@le-gall.net> wrote:

> But for reason related to my current job, I cannot receive money directly.
> It will be better for me to have some kind of umbrella non-profit
> organization to which I can ask to buy things (like a Windows license for
> setting up a Windows build slave).

Do you think it's possible/possible to have such an umbrella?

--
*Paolo*

* Re: [Caml-list] Re: Setting up donations for OASIS and odb.ml
@ 2012-05-10  0:51   ` Francois Berenger
From: Francois Berenger @ 2012-05-10  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sylvain Le Gall; +Cc: caml-list, OCaml Beginners List

On 05/09/2012 08:27 PM, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/5/9 Francois Berenger <berenger@riken.jp <mailto:berenger@riken.jp>>
>
>     Hello,
>
>     How about setting up a donate button to each of these projects?
>
>     I would personally like to give some of my pocket money to both of these
>     projects and I am sure I am not the only one in this situation.
>     Also, these two projects look very important for a wider adoption of
>     OCaml.
>

> I think it is a good idea. Though, OASIS itself is just time consuming
> for me. I'd prefer to receive some money for the forge, for which I have
> to pay something.
>
> But for reason related to my current job, I cannot receive money
> directly. It will be better for me to have some kind of umbrella
> non-profit organization to which I can ask to buy things (like a Windows
> license for setting up a Windows build slave).

Roberto di cosmo's IRILL maybe: http://www.irill.org/

Also, for OASIS, as the project is under LGPL,
maybe you can get it accepted as an official FSF project,
then the project can receive targeted donations I think.

For ocamlforge, maybe you should list on a specific page if you accept
donations like hardware, licenses for proprietary software or else
(and maybe how to send money some day).

Also, if donating is more complex than clicking a button,
the donation rate will be low I guess.

Regards,
F.

* Re: [Caml-list] Setting up donations for OASIS and odb.ml
@ 2012-05-10  1:42 ` Wojciech Meyer
From: Wojciech Meyer @ 2012-05-10  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francois Berenger; +Cc: caml-list, OCaml Beginners List

Francois Berenger <berenger@riken.jp> writes:

> How about setting up a donate button to each of these projects?
>
> I would personally like to give some of my pocket money to both of these
> projects and I am sure I am not the only one in this situation.
> Also, these two projects look very important for a wider adoption of OCaml.

I like the idea because these projects really need special attention
from the community.

I'd also be fancy to press the donate button.

- Wojciech