* [Caml-list] Tuareg-mode and pipes |
@ 2012-05-23 15:15 Romain Bardou
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Romain Bardou @ 2012-05-23 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi list,

About two years ago, the following bug was reported:
https://forge.ocamlcore.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=659&group_id=43&atid=255

If you don't want to click, here is the issue. Tuareg indents
pattern-matching like this:

match x with
   | Bla ->
     hello

But the previous behavior of Tuareg, which I prefer, was:

match x with
   | Bla ->
       hello

I have occasionally been updating my tuareg-mode, looking forward for
this "tuareg-pipe-indent" variable (see the comments in the bug report),
while patiently re-indenting pattern-matching by hand. But this
variable, or any similar variable, never appeared.

After two years, I'm becoming suspicious that something went wrong. Does
anybody know what happened to the patch? Or how I can get my preferred
behavior back?

A related question is the following. I read here a few weeks ago a claim
that the caml-mode was much better than the tuareg-mode. I was not able
to find a comparison between these two modes, to support this claim, nor
whether the caml-mode would fix the pipe behavior for me. Any comment
here would be appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Romain Bardou