On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:30:14 +0100, Vincent Aravantinos wrote: > > Le 22 févr. 10 à 14:45, Nicolas Pouillard a écrit : > > > On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 23:15:09 +0100, Vincent Aravantinos > > wrote: > >> Hi list, > >> > >> does anybody (Nicolas?) knows if it is possible to force a target to > >> be rebuilt from within an ocamlbuild plugin? > >> > >> Concretely I am making a plugin for LaTeX compilation and would like > >> to say to ocamlbuild: > >> "first compile the source, then if the .aux file has changed then > >> recompile it". > > > > I would suggest to not try to bypass the dependency system and to > > instead > > try to make a rule that fits ocamlbuild mechanism. However the simpler > > is maybe to call a tool which does this job like rubber. > > Great, I didn't know of this tool! I'll use it. > > Still, would have it been possible to make a dependency on the .aux > file such that ocamlbuild can be aware that this file changed in order > to launch a new compilation? No there is no such behavior, but this may be simulated by having two rules, one .tex->.aux+... and one .tex+.aux->... and putting them in the right order might work. -- Nicolas Pouillard http://nicolaspouillard.fr