* Request for expressions of interest in commercial Objective Caml support
@ 2006-07-13 19:06 F Reig
From: F Reig @ 2006-07-13 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

This is a letter of introduction and a request of expressions of
interest in commercial support for Objective Caml.

xrnd is a technology research and systems development company. We
provide a broad range of professional services including contract
systems R&D, high-level consulting, software development and training.

We are currently investigating extending our use and support of
Objective Caml to include commercial support for users of the system.
This will provide a number of services:

        - industrial strength proprietary software development
          using Objective Caml

        - training and proof of concept pathfinder projects

        - long term supported Objective Caml distribution with
          additional libraries and extended Windows support

        - implementation and contribution of features such as improved
          64 bit code generation, vectorization and Windows support

        - crisis support for urgent bugs in custom code, distribution
          or libraries

We consider our relationship with INRIA and the greater community to
be vital. Our contributions will have copyright assigned to INRIA
where the Caml team would like to include the code in their
distribution. While not every change will make it into the standard
distribution in this manner, our distribution will differ only where
necessary to provide requested features or pending changes to the
standard version. We expect that this will include, for example,
extended Windows support, which INRIA will not be pursuing.

We would be grateful for serious expressions of interest by email to
us directly so that we can gauge the practical market for this
support, and are happy to answer initial inquiries off-list.

We look forward to working with you.

Regards,
Fermin Reig, for the xrnd team.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-07-13 19:06 UTC | newest]