* Re:  [Caml-list] Mac and C-code
@ 2001-09-28 14:01 Damien Doligez
From: Damien Doligez @ 2001-09-28 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, wheeler

>From: Ward Wheeler <wheeler@amnh.org>

>I am trying to port an Ocaml application to Mac PPC and have C-code that is
>linked in.  I can do this under LINUX and Win2k usinf gc and MS VC++.  Does
>anyone have experience with this on Macs?

The answers are going to be completely different depending on two
things:
1. Are you porting to Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X ?
2. Does your application have a graphical user interface, or is it
   command-line driven ?

-- Damien

* Re:  [Caml-list] Mac and C-code
@ 2001-10-05 12:06 Damien Doligez
From: Damien Doligez @ 2001-10-05 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damien.Doligez, caml-list, wheeler

>From: Ward Wheeler <wheeler@amnh.org>

>         I was going to blow off Mac OS 9 and move on to OS X
>directly.  But I know little about this Mac stuff.  The program is command
>line driven, but I have an external Tcl/Tk interface for it.

You'll have no problems porting the command-line tool from Linux to
Mac OS X: both are Unix.  Mac OS 9 would be a lot harder.

As for the Tcl/Tk interface, you'll have to wait for a port of Tcl/Tk
for Mac OS X.  I don't think there is one yet.

-- Damien

* [Caml-list] C callbacks and threading...
@ 2001-09-27  9:34 Chris Quinn
From: Chris Quinn @ 2001-09-27  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CAML LIST

Hi list,

The manual says a caml function can be registered and then used from the C runtime. Is this still true if called from a thread not created from within Caml ie. via the Thread module? I have vague recollections of caml's thread system involving some bookkeeping which probably rules this usage out.
Can anyone say?

Thanks,
Chris Q