From: Hallvard Ystad <hallvard.ystad@helpinhand.com>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] building OCaml under MinGW
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:57:58 +0200	[thread overview]

OK, I give up. People on this list have been helpful, but there are too many problems with the distributed source files for me to cope with. And they seem not to be too up-to-date, if it really is so that I can't use Tk/Tcl 8.4.0.1. So I give up. I give up. I'll go back where I came from, i.e. the rebol programming language, which is installed in a second or less.

Thanks again, even though it didn't help.

~H

Dixit Xavier Leroy (11.55 13.10.2002):
>> Interesting. I uninstalled my mingw installation and installed
>> cygwin (containing mingw) instead.  This time, my installation went
>> much further before messing up. But in the end, I still got errors,
>> and the installation failed. Here's where it fails:
>> cltkImg.c: In function `camltk_setimgdata_native':
>> cltkImg.c:102: too few arguments to function `Tk_PhotoPutBlock'
>
>Are you sure you have the recommended version of Tcl/TK?  (8.3)
>
>I don't want to sound condescending or anything, but make sure that
>you follow every single compilation instruction given in file README.win32.
>
>- Xavier Leroy

Prætera censeo Carthaginem esse delendam