* [Caml-list] sys command
@ 2012-02-08 16:53 Fady Nassif
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Fady Nassif @ 2012-02-08 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can launch a batch file from Ocaml without pop up
windows.

Thanks

Fady

* Re: [Caml-list] sys command
@ 2012-02-08 18:18 ` Andrej Bauer
From: Andrej Bauer @ 2012-02-08 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fady Nassif; +Cc: caml-list

> Does anyone know how I can launch a batch file from Ocaml without pop up
> windows.

<troll>Use an operating system which does not contain the word
"windows" in its name?</troll>

* Re: [Caml-list] sys command
@ 2012-02-08 18:21 ` Paolo Donadeo
From: Paolo Donadeo @ 2012-02-08 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use Unix.system but: what popup?

--
Paolo

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 17:53, Fady Nassif <fady@altair.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how I can launch a batch file from Ocaml without pop up
> windows.
>
> Thanks
>
> Fady

* Re: [Caml-list] sys command
@ 2012-02-08 18:49 ` Ouchet Florent
From: Ouchet Florent @ 2012-02-08 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi Fady,

Just launch cmd.exe with the right parameters "/C your_script.bat".
Ideally the path to cmd.exe is stored in the environment variable
"ComSpec". You can also specify read/write/error pipes like for other
usual applications.

Cheers,

--
Florent Ouchet
PRAG Génie Electrique

* Re: [Caml-list] sys command
@ 2012-02-08 19:01   ` Adrien
From: Adrien @ 2012-02-08 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/02/2012, Paolo Donadeo <p.donadeo@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use Unix.system but: what popup?

I guess the "cmd.exe" one since Sys.command and Unix.system use the
same underlying function: system(3).

As far as I remember, Unix.create_process will not pop any additional(*) window.

(*) Of course, there's no magic here: if the process itself opens a
console window, you will always get one.
Linking with "gcc -mwindows" or "ld --subsystem windows" (not sure
about the syntax for ld) would solve it. If you can't link again, you
can still modify the binary with a tool or by hand since it's a single
bit (maybe two) in the PE header.

Hope this helps,
Adrien Nader

* Re: [Caml-list] sys command
@ 2012-02-08 21:12   ` oliver
From: oliver @ 2012-02-08 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrej Bauer; +Cc: Fady Nassif, caml-list

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 07:18:13PM +0100, Andrej Bauer wrote:
> > Does anyone know how I can launch a batch file from Ocaml without pop up
> > windows.
>
> <troll>Use an operating system which does not contain the word
> "windows" in its name?</troll>
[...]

LOL