* Is Grobner Basis calculation implemented in OCaml?
       [not found] <20071022100005.DCE6DBC69@yquem.inria.fr>
@ 2007-10-22 11:22 ` guanhua he
From: guanhua he @ 2007-10-22 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear All,

Does anyone know whether there is a library implemented to calculate
Grobner Basis in OCaml? If there is, could you tell me where can I find
it, please?

Thank you very much and Best Regards,
Guanhua

* RE: [Caml-list] Is Grobner Basis calculation implemented in OCaml?
@ 2007-10-22 15:28   ` Harrison, John R
From: Harrison, John R @ 2007-10-22 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guanhua he; +Cc: caml-list

Hi Guanhua,

| Does anyone know whether there is a library implemented to calculate
| Grobner Basis in OCaml? If there is, could you tell me where can I
find
| it, please?

There is a simple implementation here:

  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~jrh13/atp/OCaml/grobner.ml

However this is a *very* straightforward version, just designed to
explain the algorithm rather than to be useful for serious problems.
It relies on some other code in the same directory (go up a bit to
"http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~jrh13/atp/" for more information) but the
dependencies are not that great and it would be quite easy to
separate.

There is a somewhat better implementation available as part of the
HOL Light prover (also available from my home page as above), which is
in a similar style and could also be ripped out without much effort.
It's better in that it uses Buchberger's first and second criteria for
ignoring S-polynomials, and also queues the S-polynomials in a
reasonable heuristic order.

John.