* [Caml-list] opam and system packages
@ 2012-11-15  6:51 Martin DeMello
From: Martin DeMello @ 2012-11-15  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml List

I run arch linux, and there are a lot of ocaml libraries in the distro's
package repository. Is there any way to make opam interoperate with these?

martin

* Re: [Caml-list] opam and system packages
@ 2012-11-15 13:52 ` Thomas Gazagnaire
From: Thomas Gazagnaire @ 2012-11-15 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin DeMello; +Cc: OCaml List

> I run arch linux, and there are a lot of ocaml libraries in the distro's package repository. Is there any way to make opam interoperate with these?

Currently no, because it would make upgrade of packages quite difficult to handle.

--
Thomas

* Re: [Caml-list] opam and system packages
@ 2012-11-15 14:22 ` Edgar Friendly
From: Edgar Friendly @ 2012-11-15 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 11/15/2012 1:51 AM, Martin DeMello wrote:
> I run arch linux, and there are a lot of ocaml libraries in the
> distro's package repository. Is there any way to make opam
> interoperate with these?
>
> martin
The much simpler odb.ml does not keep its own list of installed
packages, so will interact cleanly with existing installations. That
said, it's not too difficult to just tell opam to install a new OCaml
with new copies of all your current libraries.

E.