* [Caml-list] MSVC port of ocaml-4.00.1
@ 2012-11-16 18:58 William Smith
From: William Smith @ 2012-11-16 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCAML

Hi,

I am building a microsoft visual C 32 bit version of ocaml-4.00.1 from
the distribution sources.  It's been very difficult.

I have been forced to make substantial changes to flexdll 0.30 to make
it work.   I'm still trying to find a minimal patch to flexdll that
works.  The flexdll changes are restricted to the MSVC compile chain, so
that when I get a patch put together it won't break the other tools.

There are also a number of changes I will make to README.win32 to
explain about more of the environment variables that are required. I've
found some additional environment variables.  Also, some have specific
restrictions on their content.

Has anyone else put together an MSVC OCaml 4?

Bill Smith

* Re: [Caml-list] MSVC port of ocaml-4.00.1
@ 2012-11-16 23:33 ` Alain Frisch
From: Alain Frisch @ 2012-11-16 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Smith; +Cc: OCAML

On 11/16/2012 7:58 PM, William Smith wrote:
> Has anyone else put together an MSVC OCaml 4?

Yes, the Win32 MSVC port is one of the platforms we use daily (and our
codebase is based on OCaml 4).  Don't hesitate to file tickets on
OCaml's bug tracker if you have found situations where flexdll or build
instructions need to be modified.

-- Alain