* [Caml-list] ocamlfind predicates
@ 2013-02-11 20:10 Maxence Guesdon
From: Maxence Guesdon @ 2013-02-11 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

It is now possible to generate dynlink loadable native code files with
extension .cmxs. Is there already a commonly used predicate name in
ocamlfind for these files ?

Indeed, the "byte" predicate can be used to retrieve .cma and .cmo
files in order to link or load (with dynlink) such libraries and
modules. The "native" predicate can be used to retrieve .cmxa and .cmx
files to link with. But I'm not aware of a commonly used predicate name
for .cmxs files.

Regards,

--
Maxence Guesdon

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlfind predicates
@ 2013-02-11 20:44 ` Török Edwin
From: Török Edwin @ 2013-02-11 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 02/11/2013 10:10 PM, Maxence Guesdon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It is now possible to generate dynlink loadable native code files with
> extension .cmxs. Is there already a commonly used predicate name in
> ocamlfind for these files ?
>
> Indeed, the "byte" predicate can be used to retrieve .cma and .cmo
> files in order to link or load (with dynlink) such libraries and
> modules. The "native" predicate can be used to retrieve .cmxa and .cmx
> files to link with. But I'm not aware of a commonly used predicate name
> for .cmxs files.

plugin seems to be the predicate used by the packages that install a cmxs on my system:

$ find ~/.opam/4.00.1/lib/ -name META -exec grep -H cmxs {} \;|grep archive|grep plugin | wc -l
73
$ find ~/.opam/4.00.1/lib/ -name META -exec grep -H cmxs {} \;|grep archive|grep -v plugin | wc -l
2

Best regards,
--Edwin