* [Caml-list] Compiling OCaml on win64
@ 2013-03-16 20:39 Mark Raymond
From: Mark Raymond @ 2013-03-16 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I am trying to compile OCaml 4.00.1 using MSVC 64-bit. When make tries to
build the ocamlbuild.byte target, I get the following error:

''../ocamlcomp.sh -c -I ocamlbuild -I stdlib -o
ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild_unix_plugin.cmo ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild_unix_plugin.ml
File "ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild_unix_plugin.ml", line 20, characters 4-39:
Error: Unbound module Unix
Exit code 2 while executing this command:
  ''../ocamlcomp.sh -c -I ocamlbuild -I stdlib -o
ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild_unix_plugin.cmo ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild_unix_plugin.ml
make: *** [ocamlbuild.byte] Error 2

The unix files have been built in otherlibs/win32unix, but are not present
in ocamlbuild or stdlib. All the other dependencies listed in
ocamlbuild_unix_plugin.ml.depends are present in either ocamlbuild or
stdlib. Any ideas?

* Re: [Caml-list] Compiling OCaml on win64
@ 2013-03-17 18:12 ` William Smith
From: William Smith @ 2013-03-17 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, markr

Hi,

I had problems like that.   One thing that happened was that I wasn't
using the right version of flexlink.  My Cygwin installed version 0.26
but you need 0.29 or later

Another related problem I found was that the README.win32 says to set up
PATH="$VCPATH:$FLPATH:$PATH"  in .msenv32. I found that the right code
for that is PATH="$FLPATH:$VCPATH:$PATH" to help insure that you get the
right flexlink.

Bill