* [Caml-list] Is there any open-sourced yacc style parser generator written in OCaml?
@ 2013-04-03 12:48 bob zhang
From: bob zhang @ 2013-04-03 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

Dear list,
   I want to embed a yacc-style parser generator in OCaml, ocamlyacc is
written in C. menhir has a QPL license so that  I can not patch it. So is
there any other existing yacc-style parser generator(in OCaml) available?
  Thanks in advance!
--
Regards
-- Bob

* Re: [Caml-list] Is there any open-sourced yacc style parser generator written in OCaml?
@ 2013-04-03 12:55 ` Pierre-Etienne Meunier
From: Pierre-Etienne Meunier @ 2013-04-03 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

El 03/04/13 14:48, bob zhang escribió:

> Dear list,
>     I want to embed a yacc-style parser generator in OCaml, ocamlyacc is
> written in C. menhir has a QPL license so that  I can not patch it. So
> is there any other existing yacc-style parser generator(in OCaml) available?
>    Thanks in advance!
> --
> Regards
> -- Bob

Have a look at dypgen, but it's not yacc-style (the lexer are embedded
in the parsers, and the kind of grammar is GLR, not LR1).

Regards,
Pierre

* [Caml-list] Re: Is there any open-sourced yacc style parser generator written in OCaml?
@ 2013-04-03 12:58   ` bobzhang
From: bobzhang @ 2013-04-03 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre-Etienne Meunier, Caml List

On 4/3/13 8:55 AM, Pierre-Etienne Meunier wrote:
> El 03/04/13 14:48, bob zhang escribió:
>>
>> Dear list,
>>     I want to embed a yacc-style parser generator in OCaml, ocamlyacc is
>> written in C. menhir has a QPL license so that  I can not patch it. So
>> is there any other existing yacc-style parser generator(in OCaml)
>> available?
>>    Thanks in advance!
>> --
>> Regards
>> -- Bob
>
> Have a look at dypgen, but it's not yacc-style (the lexer are embedded
> in the parsers, and the kind of grammar is GLR, not LR1).
Thanks! The reason for a yacc style is that it's simple, everyone who
take a compiler course knows its underlying theory. Dypgen seems too
complex for non-parser expert to understand.

@ 2013-04-03 13:01 ` Gabriel Scherer
From: Gabriel Scherer @ 2013-04-03 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bob zhang; +Cc: Caml List