* [ANN] OCaml Meeting 2009 in Tokyo
@ 2009-06-16  8:16 Jun Furuse
From: Jun Furuse @ 2009-06-16  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear list,

It is my pleasure to announce OCaml Meeting 2009 in Tokyo.

In Japan, we have significant numbers of OCaml users. OCaml has been
used for programming courses in several universities for years. We can
read OCaml related blog posts written by people live in Japan
everyday. We have even several Japanese books about programming in
OCaml. But we have never met together. Now it is the time to meet up!
OCaml Meeting 2009 in Tokyo will be the first OCaml specific
conference in Japan:

   Date:              2009/08/30 (Sorry, it collides with ICFP unfortunately.)
   Place:             the University of Tokyo, Sanjo Conference Hall
   Participation fee: Free!

   The meeting will be partially sponsored by
    - IT Planning, Inc. (http://www.itpl.co.jp/)
    - Jane Street Capital (http://www.janestreet.com)

Its primary objective this time is to kick-start a local OCaml user
community in Japan. Therefore talks will be mainly in Japanese and
OCaml, but we welcome everyone interested in OCaml from everywhere.

Further information will appear at the following sites:

  http://www.cocan.org/events        (in English)
  http://ocaml.jp/?Users%20Meeting   (in Japanese)

For people who need further information, you can contact either me or
Satoshi Ogasawara <ogasawara(a)itpl.co.jp>.

We thank OCaml Meeting organization team of the past two OCaml
Meetings in France, who has kindly permitted us to use the same name,
"OCaml Meeting".

Regards,
Jun Furuse

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-06-16  8:16 UTC | newest]