* [Caml-list] oasis help: support for qtest in oasis
@ 2013-05-14  4:21 Francois Berenger
From: Francois Berenger @ 2013-05-14  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Sylvain Le Gall

Hello,

Is there some way to plug qtest into
an oasis-managed project?

My current problem is that qtest
generates the main.ml (for example) file to run the tests
and I don't want to add this file under VC
so oasis should allow me to run a command
to create this file before it is compiled.

In fact I am open to any feedback from someone
who already dealt with this kind of use-case.

Thanks,
F.

* [Caml-list] Re: oasis help: support for qtest in oasis
@ 2013-05-14 10:27 ` Sylvain Le Gall
From: Sylvain Le Gall @ 2013-05-14 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francois Berenger; +Cc: caml-list

2013/5/14 Francois Berenger <berenger@riken.jp>:
> Hello,
>
> Is there some way to plug qtest into
> an oasis-managed project?
>
> My current problem is that qtest
> generates the main.ml (for example) file to run the tests
> and I don't want to add this file under VC
> so oasis should allow me to run a command
> to create this file before it is compiled.

I don't know how qtest works, but I would say, that you should use
PreBuildCommand
http://oasis.forge.ocamlcore.org/MANUAL.html#package
This is a toplevel field and you can surround it with conditional:

if flag(tests)
  PreBuildCommand: foo-bar --output main.ml

Is this what you want ?

Regards
Sylvain

* [Caml-list] Re: oasis help: support for qtest in oasis
@ 2013-05-15  1:04   ` Francois Berenger
From: Francois Berenger @ 2013-05-15  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sylvain Le Gall; +Cc: caml-list

On 05/14/2013 07:27 PM, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> 2013/5/14 Francois Berenger <berenger@riken.jp>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there some way to plug qtest into
>> an oasis-managed project?
>>
>> My current problem is that qtest
>> generates the main.ml (for example) file to run the tests
>> and I don't want to add this file under VC
>> so oasis should allow me to run a command
>> to create this file before it is compiled.
>
> I don't know how qtest works, but I would say, that you should use
> PreBuildCommand
> http://oasis.forge.ocamlcore.org/MANUAL.html#package
> This is a toplevel field and you can surround it with conditional:
>
> if flag(tests)
>    PreBuildCommand: foo-bar --output main.ml
>
> Is this what you want ?

It looks perfect, just by looking at its name.
I'll give it a try.

Thanks a lot,
F.

PS: I looked in the oasis doc but was not able to identify this one

* [Caml-list] oasis and foreign code
@ 2013-06-23 20:36     ` Chet Murthy
From: Chet Murthy @ 2013-06-23 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

A while back, I had a problem with oasis, where I wanted to put an
oasis file in a subdirectory of some larger project, and wanted it to
be able to access files on a neighboring directory.

In that case, the project was "tutorial", the subdirectory was
"tutorial/ocaml", and the neighboring directory was
"tutorial/gen-ocaml".

It was suggested that if the oasis file were moved up one directory,
things would be much simpler.  Which is true.

But now, there's a different problem.  Suppose I move that file up.
Now there are -other- subdirectories, containing code related to the
project, that aren't for ocaml consumption.  And when I do make,
ocamlbuild complains:

SANITIZE: a total of 4 files that should probably not be in your source tree
  has been found. A script shell file
  "....../sanitize.sh" is being
  created. Check this script and run it to remove unwanted files or use other
  options (such as defining hygiene exceptions or using the -no-hygiene
  option).
IMPORTANT: I cannot work with leftover compiled files.
ERROR: Leftover object files:
  File pedion_types.o in gen-cpp has suffix .o
  File Pedion.o in gen-cpp has suffix .o
  File pedion_constants.o in gen-cpp has suffix .o
ERROR: Leftover object files:
  File PedionServer.o in pedion has suffix .o

Is there a way to tell oasis to ignore certain subdirectories (and
hence, to have it generate myocamlbuild files that ignore those
directories)?

I looked at the ocamlbuild tags documentation, and nothing stands out
as being suitable.

Thanks,
--chet--

* Re: [Caml-list] oasis and foreign code
@ 2013-06-23 20:39       ` Török Edwin
From: Török Edwin @ 2013-06-23 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 06/23/2013 11:36 PM, Chet Murthy wrote:

>   File PedionServer.o in pedion has suffix .o
>
> Is there a way to tell oasis to ignore certain subdirectories (and
> hence, to have it generate myocamlbuild files that ignore those
> directories)?
>
> I looked at the ocamlbuild tags documentation, and nothing stands out
> as being suitable.

-traverse and not_hygienic, see for example the rule for .svn in _tags:
<**/.svn>: -traverse
<**/.svn>: not_hygienic

Best regards,
--Edwin