* [Caml-list] concurrent caml-light?
@ 2013-05-17  2:11 Chet Murthy
From: Chet Murthy @ 2013-05-17  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Does anybody know whatever happened to concurrent caml-light?  Anybody
have any idea if the Doligez-Gonthier-Leroy GC was ever implemented in
another system?

Thanks in advance,
--chet--

* Re: [Caml-list] concurrent caml-light?
@ 2013-05-17  9:19 ` Francois Boisson
From: Francois Boisson @ 2013-05-17  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Le Thu, 16 May 2013 19:11:51 -0700
Chet Murthy <murthy.chet@gmail.com> a écrit:

> Does anybody know whatever happened to concurrent caml-light?  Anybody
> have any idea if the Doligez-Gonthier-Leroy GC was ever implemented in
> another system?

Yes, Camllight is on 0.82-3 version. I tried to maintain it.
You can find debian and ubuntu package on

deb http://boisson.homeip.net/depot wheezy divers

(change wheezy with squeeze, quantal, precise, raring and so on)

and source on

* cvs of INRIA
* deb-src http://boisson.homeip.net/ ./
* https://github.com/FBoisson/Camllight

François Boisson

* Re: [Caml-list] concurrent caml-light?
@ 2013-05-17  9:49 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2013-05-17  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chet Murthy; +Cc: caml-list

Dear Chet,

> Anybody have any idea if the Doligez-Gonthier-Leroy GC was ever
> implemented in another system?

Yes, for Java, at IBM Haifa (of all places):

Tamar Domani, Elliot K. Kolodner, Ethan Lewis, Eliot E. Salant, Katherine
Barabash, Itai Lahan, Yossi Levanoni, Erez Petrank, Igor Yanover: Implementing
an On-the-Fly Garbage Collector for Java. ISMM 2000: 155-166
http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/362422.362484

later extended with generations:

Tamar Domani, Elliot K. Kolodner, Erez Petrank: A generational on-the-fly
garbage collector for Java. PLDI 2000: 274-284
http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/349299.349336

Best,

- Xavier